As a leading project facilitator and capital partner for institutions, our development process aligns private investment to the values and interests of your institution and captures the best practices of private-sector innovation.
Establish a shared vision that meets the needs of the institution.
- Seek piercing clarity of the institution’s vision and determine project needs, goals and objectives.
- Examine pathways to meet project goals.
- Align stakeholders to project vision.
- Align project vision with campus master plan.
- Analysis of potential sites and potential land acquisitions if needed.
Define the scope of the project vision.
- Determine project overall size and scope (Number of beds, units, Square Footage, residents, etc.)
- Conceptual site infrastructure and design planning
- Interview stakeholders and gather specific programming needs.
- Develop space programming matrixes for design requirements (space planning and adjacencies)
- Conduct internal market studies
- After the desired building program is defined and understood, our team builds a conceptual agreement and executes a memorandum of understanding that allows us to commit further resources to the project.
Perform project due-diligence and create preliminary partnership agreement between parties.
- Establish preliminary site plan & design that aligns with shared vision for project.
- Review zoning, secure entitlements and perform other site due-diligence activities.
- Perform preliminary cost analysis and produce pro-formas (Based on historic data).
- Establish banking and private investment interest from value-aligned network of investors and create the “capital stack” of preliminary funding commitments.
- Collaborate with institution to create the appropriate project partnership structure and works in good faith to build final agreements as the project design process continues.
Facilitate design process to produce a solution to the institution’s programming needs.
- Begin producing construction documents from trusted architects and consultants.
- Facilitate design review as needed.
- Engage with end-users and tenants, if applicable, for any specific design planning and engineering.
- Construction budget updated with contractor and supplier input based on 100% Design Development documents.
- Provide design management and value-engineering services based on 50+ years of collective building experience.
- After the project analysis is completed and design and cost estimating is underway, our team collaborates to draft and execute a long term ground lease that is acceptable to both parties and allows us to secure debt financing for construction.
Execute the project vision through construction.
- Finalize construction documents and final construction agreements with contractors and vendors.
- Finalize construction cost and ongoing contingencies.
- Oversee construction and ensure compliance with construction documents, program and overall project vision.
- Manage construction budget and cash-flow from funding sources.
- Begin engaging with end-users in leasing activities.
Steward the project through leasing and operations ensuring the project’s shared goals are met.
- Build and execute a marketing and sales plan to ensure project meets proforma goals.
- Develop on-site property management staff, as needed, to support the on-going operations of the building.
- Operate and manage property, ensuring property is stewarded with excellence while maintaining leasing operations.
Our team has the multi-disciplinary expertise required to guide your institution through developing a project vision, analyzing a project’s viability and executing the project through design, construction and operations.
Ready to get started?
To schedule an introductory call with our team please call 478.219.2882, or complete this simple form and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to connecting soon!